Agenda Item No. 4
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Standards Committee: 6th May, 2014
Report of the Monitoring Officer
Application for Dispensation
Purpose of the Report
1. To consider an application to speak / speak and vote received from:
· Town Councillor Siân Vaughan - To speak and vote at meetings of the Cowbridge with Llanblethian Town Council during discussions on the LDP or alternative sites, save for Darren Farm, in view of the proximity of Councillor Vaughan's property to Darren Farm.
That the Standards Committee consider the application received to speak / speak and vote on the matters set out in the completed proforma attached.
Reason for the Recommendation
To comply with regulations on applications for the grant of dispensations to speak / speak and vote.
2. The Standards Committees (Grant of Dispensations) (Wales) Regulations 2001 permits Members to apply to the Standards Committee to speak and, if appropriate, vote on issues which, due to a prejudicial interest, they may not otherwise be able to speak or vote or remain in the room.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. In order to deal with the application as quickly as possible it is necessary for the Standards Committee to receive full information of the interests involved and why in the Member's opinion dispensation should be given. A copy of the relevant application is attached.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
6. The Council is required to comply with The Standards Committees (Grant of Dispensations) (Wales) Regulations 2001.
Crime and Disorder Implications
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
Policy Framework and Budget
10. This report does not affect the Council's Policy Framework and Budget.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
11. The report does not involve any consultation with other parties.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
The Standards Committees (Grant of Dispensations) (Wales) Regulations 2001.
Mr. C. Hope, tel: (01446) 709855, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. D. Marles, Monitoring Officer