Agenda Item No. 4
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Standards Committee: 5th November, 2014
Report of the Monitoring Officer
Applications for Dispensation
Purpose of the Report
1. To consider applications to speak / speak and vote received from:
Community Councillor B. Kennard to speak and vote at meetings of the Colwinston Community Council during discussions regarding the Redrow Housing Development (Ref: 2014/00242/FUL) in view of the back garden of his house overlooking the proposed development.
Community Councillor E.H. Lewis to speak and vote at meetings of the Colwinston Community Council during discussions regarding the Redrow Housing Development in view of the affect the development would have on all residents of Colwinston.
Community Councillor W. Bellin to speak only at meetings of the Colwinston Community Council during discussions regarding proposals to build houses to the rear of St. David's Schools in view of the development site abutting Councillor Bellin's property.
Community Councillor Mrs. V.M. Hartrey to speak and vote at meetings of the Dinas Powys Community Council's Commons, Open Spaces, Allotments, Cemetery and Footpaths Committee in view of Councillor Mrs. Hartrey renting an allotment plot and owning a pre-paid burial plot at the Cemetery.
That the Standards Committee consider the applications received to speak / speak and vote on the matters set out in the completed proformas attached.
Reason for the Recommendation
To comply with regulations on applications for the grant of dispensations to speak and vote.
2. The Standards Committees (Grant of Dispensations) (Wales) Regulations 2001 permits Members to apply to the Standards Committee to speak and, if appropriate, vote on issues which, due to a prejudicial interest, they may not otherwise be able to speak or vote or remain in the room.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. In order to deal with the applications as quickly as possible it is necessary for the Standards Committee to receive full information of the interests involved and why in the Members' opinion dispensation should be given. Copies of the relevant applications are attached.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
6. The Council is required to comply with The Standards Committees (Grant of Dispensations) (Wales) Regulations 2001.
Crime and Disorder Implications
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
Policy Framework and Budget
10. This report does not affect the Council's Policy Framework and Budget.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
11. The report does not involve any consultation with other parties.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
The Standards Committees (Grant of Dispensations) (Wales) Regulations 2001.
Mr. C. Hope, tel: (01446) 709855, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. D. Marles, Monitoring Officer