Agenda Item No. 6
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Standards Committee: 16th December 2014
Report of the Monitoring Officer
Standards Conference Wales 2015
Purpose of the Report
1. To advise Members of the Committee of the likely dates of the Standards Conference Wales 2015.
That the Chairman of the Standards Committee be authorised to consider and determine the Council's representation at the Conference.
Reason for the Recommendation
To enable the Council to be represented at the Conference.
2. The Council has been advised that the Standards Conference Wales 2015 will be held in Cardiff. Whilst the exact date has not been finalised yet, it will be on one of the following:
1st, 5th, 12th, 19th or 20th October 2015.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. Full details of the Conference have not yet been received, but it is known that the theme of the Conference will relate to the 20th Anniversary of the introduction of the Nolan Principles of Conduct in Public Life which falls in 2015.
4. The Conference will provide an opportunity to hear directly from senior officials involved in the adjudication of the Code of Conduct, to question them on matters of concern and to enable delegates to debate current issues on the Code of Conduct.
5. Mr. Nick Bennett, Public Services Ombudsman for Wales, will be in attendance.
6. As the full details of the Conference are still awaited, it is proposed that the Chairman of the Standards Committee be authorised to determine the Vale of Glamorgan Council's representation, if any, when the full details are known.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
7. The cost to the Vale of Glamorgan Council of attendance has not been announced yet.
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
8. None as a direct result of this report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
9. There are no legal implications as a direct result of this report.
Crime and Disorder Implications
10. There are no crime and disorder implications as a direct result of this report.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
11. None as a direct result of this report.
Policy Framework and Budget
13. This report does not affect the Council's Policy Framework and Budget.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
14. The report does not involve any consultation with other parties.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
Mr. C. Hope, tel: (01446) 709855, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. D. Marles, Monitoring Officer