Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Trust Committee: 19th September 2011
Report of the Director of Finance, ICT and Property
Former Cowbridge Lower School Disposal - Update
Purpose of the Report
1. To update Committee on the disposal of the former Cowbridge Lower School site, Town Mill Road.
1. That the Trust notes the agents update on the disposal of the site.
Reasons for the Recommendations
1. To update the Committee on the progress made on the disposal of the site.
2. At the meeting of the Trust Committee on 13th May 2011 it was resolved that following extensive marketing, the site be disposed of to Taylor Wimpey (minute 27 refers).
3. The Trusts agent, Mr Paul Madley will provide an update to Committee immediately following this report on the progress made to date on the request of the Chair of this Committee..
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment and Climate Change, if appropriate)
4. Mr Madley will advise as to any resource implications during the course of his verbal update.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
5. The Trust have a duty to manage lands and buildings held by them in accordance with the schemes of the Trust and with Charity Law.
Crime and Disorder Implications
6. There are no crime and disorder implications as a direct result of this report.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
7. There are no equal opportunities implications as a direct result of this report.
8. The sole concern of the Trustees is to act in the best interests of the Trust.
Policy Framework and Budget
9. Not applicable.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
10. Since the Members of the Committee are acting as Trustees independent of other Council resolutions. No further consultation has taken place.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
Lorna Cross, Group Estates Officer
Stuart Lyon, Legal Officer
Sian Davies, Director of Finance, ICT & Property