Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Trust Committee: 19th September 2011
Report of the Director of Finance, ICT and Property
Cowbridge Lower School Playing Fields Site
Purpose of the Report
1. To update Committee on the procurement of a valuation of the former Cowbridge Lower School Playing Fields site.
1. That the Trust notes the opinion of value of the site as provided by Messrs Rawlins and Madley.
Reasons for the Recommendations
1. To update the Committee further to the resolution of the last committee to seek a valuation of the site.
2. At the meeting of the Trust Committee on 11th July 2011 (Minute 178 refers) it was resolved that three firms of valuers be asked to provide fee quotation for providing a valuation report for the former Lower School Playing Fields site. Quotations were received and in consultation with the Chair, Messrs Rawlins & Madley were appointed (their fee quote being the lowest).
Relevant Issues and Options
3. The report has now been received and will be presented to Committee by Mr Paul Madley immediately following this report, on the request of the Chair.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment and Climate Change, if appropriate)
4. The valuers fees in this matter amounted to £450.00
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
5. The Trust have a duty to manage lands and buildings held by them in accordance with the schemes of the Trust and with Charity Law.
Crime and Disorder Implications
6. There are no crime and disorder implications as a direct result of this report.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
7. There are no equal opportunities implications as a direct result of this report.
8. The sole concern of the Trustees is to act in the best interests of the Trust.
Policy Framework and Budget
9. Not applicable.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
10. Since the Members of the Committee are acting as Trustees independent of other Council resolutions. No further consultation has taken place.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
Lorna Cross, Group Estates Officer
Stuart Lyon, Legal Officer
Sian Davies, Director of Finance, ICT & Property