Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Trust Committee: 26th September 2011
Report of the Director of Legal, Public Protection and Housing Services
Former Cowbridge Lower School Disposal - Further update
Purpose of the Report
1. To further update Committee as to the ongoing negotiations concerning the disposal of the former Cowbridge Lower School site, Town Mill Road.
1. That Committee notes the agents report concerning the ongoing negotiations.
2. That Committee give due consideration to the agents report and come to a decision concerning the relevant issues raised therein.
Reasons for the Recommendations
1. To update Committee.
2. To enable progress to be made with regards the ongoing negotiations.
2. At the meeting of the Trust Committee on 19th September 2011 it was resolved that should certain negotiations between the Trust's agent and the Developer not be agreed, then it was resolved by Committee that an urgent meeting be convened to discuss matters further.
3. Following discussions between the Trust's agent and the Developers, an impasse has arisen which will require a decision by Committee in order to able matters to progress. The Trust's agent will therefore provide a verbal update to Committee immediately following this report on his recent discussions with the Developer
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment and Climate Change, if appropriate)
4. Mr. Madley will advise as to any resource implications during the course of his verbal update.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
5. The Trust have a duty to manage lands and buildings held by them in accordance with the schemes of the Trust and with Charity Law.
Crime and Disorder Implications
6. There are no crime and disorder implications as a direct result of this report.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
7. There are no equal opportunities implications as a direct result of this report.
8. The sole concern of the Trustees is to act in the best interests of the Trust.
Policy Framework and Budget
9. Not applicable.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
10. Since the Members of the Committee are acting as Trustees independent of other Council resolutions. No further consultation has taken place.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
Stuart Lyon, Legal Officer
Peter Evans, Director of Legal, Public Protection and Housing Services