Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Trust Committee: 30th September 2013
Report of the Managing Director
Annual Report and Accounts 2012/13 Cowbridge Comprehensive School Trust
Purpose of the Report
1. The Charities Act 2011 Section 162 and regulations require Trustees to prepare and consider an Annual Report and Accounts in respect of their Trust.
That the Annual Report and Accounts 2012/13 as set out in Appendix A to the report, be approved and that the Chair be authorised to sign the same on behalf of the trustees.
Reason for the Recommendation
In accordance with the requirements in section 162 of the Charities Act 2011, and the Charity (Accounts and Reports) Regulations 2008.
2. The Charities (Accounts & Reports) Regulations 2008 require that the Annual Report and Accounts should be approved by the Trustees as a body in accordance with their normal administrative procedures.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. The Annual Report and Accounts for the year 2012/13 is set out at Appendix A to this report.
4. The document as above, subject to its approval by this committee will be forwarded to the Council's external auditors, Grant Thornton UK LLP, to be signed following the independent examination.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
5. There are no resource implications.
Sustainability and Climate Change implications
6. This report is submitted in accordance with the statutory requirements of the Charities Act 2011, Charities (Accounts and Reports) Regulations 2008.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
7. This report is submitted in accordance with the statutory requirements of the Charities Act 1993 and 2011, Charities (Accounts and Reports) Regulations 2008.
Crime and Disorder Implications
8. There are no crime and disorder implications.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
9. There are no equal opportunities implications.
10. The sole concern of the Trustees is to act in the best interests of the Trust.
Policy Framework and Budget
11. Not applicable.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
Directorate of Finance, ICT and Property
Head of Legal Services.