Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Voluntary Sector Joint Liaison Committee: 8 February 2012
Report of the Director of Finance, ICT and Property
Voluntary Sector Partnership Agreement and Action Plan - Action Plan Progress Report
Purpose of the Report
1. To report on progress made against the current Action Plan.
1. That Committee endorse the report.
Reason for the Recommendation
1. Matters are for information only.
2. The Action Plan and this monitoring report are made in accordance with the provisions of the Compact with the voluntary sector.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. The Action Plan 2010/12 as approved at your meeting on 28 April 2010 is set out at Appendix "A" to this report, together with comments indicating progress to date thereon.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment and Climate Change (as appropriate)
4. There are no resource implications as a direct result of this report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
5. Whilst there are no direct legal implications arising from this report, improved relations with the voluntary sector will benefit the community in terms of improvements to human rights.
Crime and Disorder Implications
6. Consultation with the voluntary sector should assist in increasing social inclusion and reducing crime.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
7. Equality of opportunity is a "Shared Value" included within the terms of the Compact entered into with the voluntary sector.
8. The Action Plan reflects the Council's corporate priorities.
Policy Framework and Budget
9. The Action Plan is in accordance with the Policy Framework and Budget.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
10. No further consultation beyond the representation on this Committee.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
11. Corporate Resources.
Mr AD Williams, Accountant, Directorate of Finance, ICT and Property
Tel: 01446 709250
Head of Business Management and Innovation (Social Services Dept),
Operational Manager Corporate Policy and Communications (Chief Executives Dept), Director - Vale Centre for Voluntary Services, Director - Vale Volunteer Bureau.
Director of Finance, ICT and Property.