Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Voluntary Sector Joint Liaison Committee: 9 July 2014
Report of the Managing Director
Update Report on Barry Elim Church Can Do Project
Purpose of the Report
1. To update Committee on the progress made on the Barry Elim Church Can Do project.
It is recommended that:-
Committee note the progress made to date on the Barry Elim Church Can Do project.
Reason for the Recommendation
In order that the Committee can monitor the progress of this project.
2. Committee on 8th May 2014, minute number 1108 (2), recommended that a progress report in respect of Barry Elim Church project be submitted to the next meeting of the Committee.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. The Can Do project is aimed at those young people who are in danger of becoming not in education, employment and training (NEETs).
4. Appendix A to this report provides a detailed update on progress to date of this project.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
5. Funding of £60,000 has been agreed for this project, split £20,000 per annum for the 3 years commencing 2013/14.
Sustainability and Climate Change Implications
6. There are no direct implications arising from this report.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
7. There are no legal implications.
Crime and Disorder Implications
8. The funding of the voluntary sector should assist in increasing social inclusion and reducing crime.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
9. The core eligibility criteria, included within the arrangements for this scheme provided to all applicants requires that all organisations seeking funding must actively promote equal opportunities in their operations and service delivery.
10. Applicants are asked to indicate which of the corporate priorities of the Council their application addresses. The scheme's priorities for funding are in accordance with the Council's corporate priorities.
Policy Framework and Budget
11. This is a matter for Executive decision.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
12. No consultation has taken place.
Carolyn Michael (Operational Manager - Accountancy) (01446 709778)
Children & Young People's Partnership Manager