Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Welsh Church Act Estate Committee 21 November 2011
Report of the Director of Finance ICT and Property
Applications for Financial Assistance
Purpose of the Report
1. To consider further applications for financial assistance from the Welsh Church Act Estate
1. That committee considers the applications for grant assistance as set out at Appendix A to this report.
Reasons for the Recommendations
Having regard to the budget available and sums previously awarded.
2. The purposes for which the Welsh Church Act fund may make grants is set out at Appendix B to this report.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. Appendix A to this report sets out a summary of the applications to be considered.
4. Appendix C to this report sets out the fund’s approved revenue estimates for the current financial year.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment and Climate Change, if appropriate)
5. The sum of £42,000 has been provided for grants in the Trust’s approved revenue estimates 2011/12.Grants approved to date amount to £9,500. Grants recommended in this report amount to £10,500.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
6. There are no direct legal implications arising from this report.
Crime and Disorder Implications
7. The funding of the voluntary sector should assist in increasing social inclusion and reducing crime
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
8. The charitable purposes for which the fund may be applied are set out in the "scheme for the administration of the trust". Applicants are asked to indicate how they will address equal opportunities and how they will demonstrate this.
9. The sole concern of the committee is to act in the best interest of the Trust
Policy Framework and Budget
10. Not applicable
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
11. Not applicable
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
Letters of application and grant application forms
Mr AD Williams
Directorate of Finance, ICT and Property
Tel: 01446 709250
Director of Finance, ICT & Property