Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Welsh Church Act Estate Committee: 8th April 2013
Report of the Managing Director
Applications for Financial Assistance
Purpose of the Report
1. To consider applications for financial assistance from the Welsh Church Act Estate
1. That Committee considers the applications for grant assistance as set out at Appendix A to this report.
2. That Committee approve the revenue estimates of the trust 2013/14 as set out at Appendix C to this report.
3. That Committee note the probable actual outturn 2012/13, in particular the expenditure incurred in respect of asbestos works at the former Southerndown Home and clearance works / wall / barrier at Bastion Close.
Reasons for the Recommendations
1-2 Having regard to the budget available and sums previously awarded.
3 To apprise Committee of the probable revenue outturn for the last financial year.
2. The purposes for which the Welsh Church Act fund may make grants is set out at Appendix B to this report.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. A summary of the applications to be considered is set out at Appendix A to this report
4. The fund’s draft revenue account estimates for the current financial year is set out at Appendix C to this report.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
5. The sum of £39,000 has been provided for grants in the Trust’s draft revenue estimates 2013/14. Grants recommended in this report amount to £7,000.
Sustainability and Climate Change implications
6. There are no sustainability and climate change implications.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
7. There are no direct legal implications arising from this report.
Crime and Disorder Implications
8. The funding of the voluntary sector should assist in increasing social inclusion and reducing crime.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
9. The charitable purposes for which the fund may be applied are set out in the Welsh Church Act Trust deed. Applicants are asked to indicate how they will address equal opportunities and how they will demonstrate this.
10. The sole concern of the Trustees is to act in the best interest of the Trust.
Policy Framework and Budget
11. Not applicable.
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
12. Not applicable.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
Letters of application and grant application forms.
Mr. A.D. Williams, Accountant, Directorate of Resources
Tel: 01446 709250