Agenda Item No
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Welsh Church Act Estate Committee 15 July 2013
Report of the Managing Director
Annual Report and Accounts 2012/13
Purpose of the Report
1. To consider the Annual Report and Accounts as required by the Charities Act 2011 Section 162.
1. That the Annual Report and Accounts 2012/13, as set out at Appendix A to this report be approved, and that the Chairman be authorised to sign the same on behalf of the trustees.
Reasons for the Recommendations
1. In accordance with the requirements of The Charities Act 2011, and the Charities (Accounts & Reports) Regulations 2008.
2. The Charities (Accounts & Reports) Regulations 2008 require that the Annual Report and Accounts should be approved by the Trustees as a body in accordance with their normal administrative procedures.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. The Annual Report and Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2013 is set out at Appendix A to this report.
4. The main features of the report, when compared to the previous year, are as follows:
· Statement of Financial Activities
Compared with the previous year the revenue surplus fell from £7k to a deficit of £21k mainly attributable to unanticipated expenditure as follows:
Asbestos removal works at the former Southerndown Home £9,500.
Clearance / wall / barrier works at Bastion Close, Barry.£10,000.
Grants awarded £10k.
The unrestricted revenue surplus of the fund, reduced by £21k as above, amounts to a total of £118k at year end.
· Balance Sheet
Note 1.2 refers to the trusts investment in traded life policies in which dealings and payment of dividends continue to be suspended.
The value of the fund at year end was £3.7m little changed from the previous year.
5. Subject to its approval by this committee, the document as above will be forwarded to the Council’s external auditors, Grant Thornton, for independent examination.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
6. There are no resource implications.
Sustainability and Climate Change implications
7. There are no sustainability and climate change implications.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
8. This report is submitted in accordance with the statutory requirements of the Charities Acts' 1993 and 2011, and the Charities (Accounts and Reports) Regulations 2008.
Crime and Disorder Implications
9. There are no crime and disorder implications.
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
10. There are no equal opportunities implications.
11. The sole concern of the Trustees is to act in the best interest of the Trust.
Policy Framework and Budget
12. Not applicable
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
13. Not applicable.
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
Directorate of Resources
Tel: 01446 709250
Head of Legal Services