Agenda Item No 4
The Vale of Glamorgan Council
Welsh Church Act Estate Committee 21st July 2014
Report of the Managing Director
Applications for Financial Assistance 2014/15
Purpose of the Report
1. To consider applications for financial assistance from the Welsh Church Act Estate
1. That committee considers the applications for grant assistance as set out at Appendix A to this report.
Reason for the Recommendation
1. In furtherance of the objectives of the trust.
2. The purposes for which the Welsh Church Act fund may make grants is set out at Appendix B to this report.
Relevant Issues and Options
3. Appendix A to this report sets out a summary of the applications to be considered.
4. Appendix C to this report sets out the fund’s revenue estimates for the current financial year.
Resource Implications (Financial and Employment)
5. The sum of £39,000 has been provided for grants in the Trust’s revenue estimates 2014/15. Grants recommended in this report amount to £38,250.
Sustainability and Climate Change implications
6. There are no sustainability and climate change implications.
Legal Implications (to Include Human Rights Implications)
7. There are no direct legal implications arising from this report.
Crime and Disorder Implications
8. The funding of the voluntary sector should assist in increasing social inclusion and reducing crime
Equal Opportunities Implications (to include Welsh Language issues)
9. The charitable purposes for which the fund may be applied are set out in the "scheme for the administration of the trust". Applicants are asked to indicate how they will address equal opportunities and how they will demonstrate this.
10. The sole concern of the committee is to act in the best interest of the Trust
Policy Framework and Budget
11. Not applicable
Consultation (including Ward Member Consultation)
12. Not applicable
Relevant Scrutiny Committee
Letters of application and grant application forms
Directorate of Resources
Tel: 01446 709252