The Mayor sends over 500 cards each year to other Civic Heads throughout Wales and Europe, as well as throughout the county.
There are 5 categories and a winner will be chosen from each one. Each winner will be invited, with their families and teachers to the Mayor’s Parlo
The overall winner will be announced as the official designer of Her Worship The Mayors Christmas
Card for 2017 and the design will be professionally printed.
The five categories are:
Nursery and Reception
Years 1 – 3
Years 4 – 6
Years 7 – 9
Years 10 - 12
Your entry can be as creative as you’d like, from a photograph, a drawing, a cartoon, or a picture.
Links to The Mayors Charities, The Barry and District Soroptimists, Baby Basics, Woodys Lodge and Christmas, would be welcomed.
The image will be used on a card – landscape (10 x 15cm), portrait (15 x 10cm) or square (up to 14cm square).
Send your design by email, as a PDF, JPEG, Tiff, EPS – needs to be 300dpi.
You can also send your design by post to: Christmas Card Competition, The Mayor’s Office, The Town Hall, King Square, Barry, CF63 4RW
The closing date is 5pm on Monday 9 October, and your name and school address must be included with your entry.
1. Entries to this competition will be accepted via email and post.
2. The prize for one winner consists of a framed print of the card. There is no cash alternative. Entry to the competition is restricted to one entry per person.
3. Automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified.
4. Competition is open to children and young adults resident in the Vale of Glamorgan only. Written permission of their parents or guardian will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize and agreement to post-promotion publicity.
5. The winner(s) will be chosen by the Mayors judging team.
6. The winner will be contacted via email or post. The winner's name will be displayed on our website and on the cards when printed.
7. The Judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The competition will run until 5.00pm on 09th October 2017.
9. The Vale of Glamorgan Council is compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party.
10. Promoter: Julie Brown, Mayor’s Office, The Town Hall, King Square, Barry, CF 63 4RW
By submitting your entry to The Mayor’s Office you are agreeing to Her Worship the Mayor of The Vale of Glamorgan using the picture in her 2017 Official Christmas Card. It is our decision whether to use any artwork and we may select more than one entry.