Strong Communities Grant Fund
The Strong Communities Grant Fund will offer grants to Community Groups, the Voluntary Sector, and Town and Community Councils towards the cost of initiatives within the Vale of Glamorgan which help to support the Council’s vision of “strong communities with a bright future”.
The Strong Communities Grant Fund totals £610,645 over three years until March 2020. There is no minimum or maximum grant limit for the Fund, however, value for money is a key assessment factor and we expect demand to be high. Anyone considering making an application must contact the Council’s Economic Development Team so that eligibility can be assessed at an early stage. If eligible, applicants will be provided with a Strong Communities Grant application form to complete and submit.
The fund aims to:
- Improve the resilience of organisations/groups or their activities by funding activities which add value to their current work and reduce their reliance on grant funding in the future.
- Provide seed corn funding towards initiatives that can demonstrate longer term sustainability.
- Undertake consultation, feasibility, design and other specialist work to develop proposals for future activity and funding bids.
- Meet the capital costs of schemes by purchasing plant, machinery, equipment or other assets.
- Undertake work that would enable services to be provided, for example, through increased income generation potential.
- Open up Section 106 funding to specific communities where developments have taken place. Funding for facilities and open space projects in specific areas will be announced when each round is opened for applications.
- Support small scale and innovative projects.
The Council will consider submissions for projects of all sizes, and from eligible organisations such as:
- Third sector organisations.
- Town and Community Councils (independently or in partnership with a community group).
- Consortia of the above.
For more details about the Strong Community Grant Fund please read the guidance provided on this page. The guidance includes more details on the fund, the application procedure, assessment criteria and provides a series of case studies that give examples of eligible projects.
Need help, or want to request an application form?
To get advice or check your eligibility for this grant programme, please contact our Economic Development Team with your idea: