Secondary Admissions


The entry of children into secondary schools is controlled and administered by an 'Admissions Authority'. In the case of Community and Voluntary Controlled schools this is the Vale of Glamorgan Council (the Local Authority). In the case of Voluntary Aided and Foundation Schools the admission authority is the Governing Body of the school.


Where the appropriate Admissions Authority is the Governing Body of the School, parents are advised to contact the school direct for details and an application form. Foundation and Catholic Schools are detailed on our schools in the Vale page|.


Starting Secondary School or Transferring between Schools?

If your child is in Year 6, further information can be found on our starting Secondary School| page. If you are moving to the area or considering transferring your child to a different you may find our transferring schools| page useful.


Feeder Schools


The Council uses a feeder school system as part of its Admissions over-subscription criteria. Linked Primary Schools can be found on our feeder school| page.



Tel: 01446 700111