Scooping dog mess
Bag it, bin it!
'Doggy do', 'poop', 'mess' or 'poo' - whatever you call it, it's
never nice for others to see it left behind.
You must clean up after your dog:
The Dogs (Fouling of Land) Act 1996 means you may be prosecuted
and fined up to £75 if you don't clean up after your
- Take bags on your walk every time
- Place your hand in the bag, pick up the mess, invert the bag
and tie it
- Put your tied bag in any
Free dog poop bags
You may collect 10-15 blue poo bags from most of our
Council offices and libraries in one visit, remember any bag
will do! It's your responsibility as a dog owner to buy a
supply or reuse your own bags. Unfortunately, we do not have
an unlimited supply of bags for you to collect,
so we have to limit them to be as fair as possible to
everyone, ensuring our supply is used to the best
Picking up is your responsibility
Our bags are issued to remind people of their legal
responsibilities as dog owners. They are also carried by our
enforcement and education teams to promote positive behaviour when
they are out and about in the community.
Sourcing your own bags
Fellow residents offer some top tips for
sourcing and reusing bags to make sure you always scoop the
- Why not reuse small supermarket '
fruit and veg' type bags?
- Don't throw out bread bags, they can be reused for doggy
- Empty freezer bags you may have already used are ideal for dog
- Buy (ideally biodegradable) disposable nappy sacks
- Ask for deals at your local pet shop/retailer and buy dog poo
bags in bulk
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: