The street lighting service is part of the
Vale of Glamorgan Council’s Highways and Engineering Division,
providing a high quality, effective and efficient service to people
living, working and visiting the Vale of Glamorgan.
What we do
We manage and maintain over 15,000 street lights and
2,100 illuminated items of road furniture (e.g. signs, bollards,
zebra crossings and school patrol flashing units) on Council
We look after street lights by:
- Keeping a record of all street lights and
- Identifying faults and arranging for repairs
to be rectified on time.
- Monitoring our performance for continuous
- Replacing obsolete, damaged or inefficient
- Liaising with focus groups, the public,
councillors, police and various other bodies to target areas
- Structural / electrical testing of lights to
ensure they are safe.
- Making sure we achieve value for money for
To report a faulty street light please visit fill in a