What is the rent first Scheme?
‘Rent First’ is a scheme which enables people
to rent a property first and then purchase it, if they wish to, at
a later date.
The Rent First scheme provides a mid-market
housing solution for individuals and families who are in a
financially stable position and yet are unable
purchase a house at the present time due to economic uncertainties,
house prices and lack of deposit for a mortgage.
Under the Rent First scheme, rent will be
charged at a lower amount than market rent which will enable a
deposit to be saved. The tenant will then be able to purchase the
property after a period of three years.
Who will qualify for the rent first scheme?
To be eligible for the scheme applicants
- Be over 18
- Be a UK citizen or EU/EEA passport holder or have ‘indefinite
leave to remain’ stamped in your passport
- Must have lived or worked in the Vale of Glamorgan for the last
6 months or have a relevant local connection to Llantwit Major or
- For those leaving the Armed Forces, have lived in the Vale of
Glamorgan for 6 months prior to joining the armed forces
- Be a first time buyer or consider yourself to be first time
buyer in your own right
- Meet certain affordability criteria (including a minimum income
For further information please phone
Contact One Vale on 01446 700 111 and ask for ‘Rent First’.
Please note there are no Rent First Schemes available at the