The Children and Young People's Services Division
Vale of Glamorgan Children and Young
People Services work to promote and safeguard the well being of
children and young people in need within their families and where
this is not possible, to provide good quality alternative care. We
do this by helping and supporting children in need whose health and
well being would suffer if we did not provide services.
We focus on seven main groups:
- Children and young people whose families need help and
support to look after them because of ill health or other
- Children and young people who are at risk of harm, have been
neglected or who may have been harmed
- Disabled children
- Children who are looked after (in care)
- Children and young people in trouble with the law
- Children and young people looked after by the local authority
and have now left care
- Young people in need who have nowhere to live.
copy of our young persons guide to fostering leaflet.
Intake and Family Support
Social Services Directorate
Barry CF63 4HA
Tel : 01446 725 202
Fax : 01446 725 205