Bus Pass and Concessionary Travel Scheme for
Vale of Glamorgan Residents
The Vale of Glamorgan Council Free Local Bus Travel Scheme
Provides free travel on
local bus services within Wales for Senior Citizens and people with
disabilities who are permanent residents of the Vale of
You are entitled to a free concessionary travel pass if you are
a permanent Vale of Glamorgan resident AND if you fall into one of
the categories below:
- Aged 60 or over
- Registered blind or partially sighted with the Social Services
- Registered profoundly or severely deaf with the Social Services
- Without speech
- Without arms or have long term loss of the use of both
- Disabled or have suffered an injury, which has a substantial
and long term adverse impact on your ability to walk
- In receipt of Disability Living Allowance (with HIGHER rate
- In receipt of a war pensioner's mobility supplement
- Learning disabled, that is, with a state of arrested or
incomplete development of mind that includes significant impairment
of intelligence and social functioning
- Unable to be granted, if an application was made, a licence to
drive a motor vehicle under Part III of the Road Traffic Act 1988,
pursuant to section 92 of the Act, (physical fitness) other than on
the grounds of persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol i.e. had a
driving licence refused on medical grounds.
Changes to the Vale of Glamorgan
Concessionary Travel Scheme (Bus Passes) from 1st October
- Passes issued to persons with disabilities will only be
validated for three years maximum, where and when it is established
the person's disabilty may not be lifelong. The Council reserves
the right to review the continued validity of such passes at any
- Charges will be applied for replacement bus passes
where passes have been lost or stolen.
Bus Pass Application Charges:
- £0 (free) for first pass issued on initial
- £0 (free) for replacement passes where damage,
non-functioning or general wear and tear affects acceptance or
validity of a pass and that pass is returned to the Council when
applying for a replacement. If such a pass is not returned a charge
will be applied in accordance with charges for replacement passes
when lost or stolen.
- £5 first replacement pass when lost or
- £10 second replacement pass when lost or
Full details are available in our Guide to the
Concessionary Bus Pass Scheme.
You can download an Application
Form for a Concessionary Bus Pass here.
If you would like more information please contact:
Vale of Glamorgan
Barry CF63 4RU
Tel: One Vale Call Centre: 01446 700111
If you have any queries regarding an existing application or a
disabled pass, please contact Concessionary Travel on 01446
Seniors' Railcard - Valleys & Cardiff Local
Discounted off-peak travel
If you are 60 or over, you are entitled to an Arriva Trains
Wales Seniors' Railcard which gives a 50% discount on Cheap Day
Return fares on the Valleys & Cardiff local routes network. The
card costs just £5 and is valid for one year. The card is available
from any Arriva Trains Wales staffed station on the Valleys &
Cardiff local routes network.
There are also a wide range of concesionary travel schemes
and ticket offers across the national rail network for young
persons, senior citizens, persons with disabilities, families and
friends, job seekers and group travel.
For further information contact either:
Arriva Trains Wales
Telephone: 0845 6061660
email: email@example.com for enquiries,
or firstname.lastname@example.org for
technical help with online purchases.
Telephone: 08448 714036 (Mondays to Fridays, 0900 - 1700) or in
person at staffed stations.