Housing Related Support

Housing related support can be accessed in an accommodation based services or via floating support.


Supporting People has developed a Directory of Services which details all of the housing related support services available in the Vale of Glamorgan. This directory is for anyone who needs advice or information. Cardiff support services are available to download.



Floating Support

Floating support is support delivered to the service user in their own home by a support worker. There are services available for tenants and home owners.


How do I apply for this service?

 You can refer yourself or ask someone else to refer you for floating support. 


If you decide you would like to be referred to a floating support service then you will be asked to complete a form, either by yourself or with our assistance. This will enable the team to ascertain that you do require support and which Support Provider is best suited to deal with your needs. 


If you wish to refer yourself, please contact Supporting People to request a hard copy of the Housing Related Support referral form. Or you can download it here:


All of the forms need to be returned to Supporting People.


If you are involved with the homelessness service your allocated Homelessness Officer will complete a referral on your behalf.



Alarm Service

The council operates an emergency alarm scheme. This provides support to people in their own homes with the help of technology and community response services. Council tenants can access additional services at a cost – to find out more click here.