The Town and Country Planning (Pre-Application Services) (Wales) Regulations 2016 require all local planning authorities (LPAs) in Wales to provide a statutory pre-application service.
Applicants must submit a completed pre-application advice enquiry form containing information on their proposal to enable a response.
As a minimum you will be required to provide:
• Name, address, contact details
• Description of the proposal (including an indication of increase in floor space, and/or number of new units proposed)
• Site Address
• Location Plan
The fees that can be charged for statutory pre-application services are now the same across Wales, although vary depending upon the size and scale of the proposed development:
• Householder - £25
• Minor development - £250
• Major development - £600
• Large major development - £1000
For large major developments the above fee will include an hour meeting at the Council’s offices, at the Council’s discretion. For an additional fee of £160 (inclusive of VAT) the Council will provide an hour meeting in respect of Householder, Minor and Small Major developments on request, at the Council’s discretion.
The Vale of Glamorgan Council will endeavour to provide a written response to all valid pre-application enquiries within 21 days, unless an extension of time is agreed between the authority and applicant.
As a minimum, applicants for householder developments should expect to receive the following information within their written response:
• The relevant planning history of the site
• The relevant development plan policies against which the development proposal will be assessed
• Relevant supplementary planning guidance (i.e. design, conservation etc.)
• Any other material planning considerations
• An initial assessment of the proposed development, based on the information above
For all other development proposals, applicants should receive all the information outlined above, as well as whether any Section 106 or Community Infrastructure Levy contributions are likely to be sought and an indication of the scope and amount of these contributions.
Without payment of the appropriate fee, the LPA will be under no obligation to accept a pre-application enquiry form.