Free School Meals
Eligibility for free school meal entitlement is provided for parents who are in receipt of certain support payment.
The relevant support payments are:
- Income Support (IS)
- Based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related) (ESA(IR))
- Support under Part VI of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) with an annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) not exceeding £16,190
Children who receive IS or IBJSA in their own right are also eligible to receive free school lunches.
Those parents who think their children may be eligible for Free School meals should apply to the LA using the Free School Meal application form: