Moving and Handling - Safer Use of Hoists and Slings - 14 June 2023
Practical guidance for unpaid Carers
When: 14th June 2023. Time 10:00am – 1:30pm
Venue: The Manual Handling Training Room 12, Development Team, City Hall, Cardiff, CF10 3ND
Do you help to care for someone living in either Cardiff or the Vale of Glamorgan (family member or friend) and need a little bit of moving and handling guidance? Do you want to know about some safer manual handling methods when assisting a person to move; or what equipment is available?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you may want to attend one of our manual handling awareness sessions. Although held in a manual handling training room setting, the sessions are very informal, and we’ll even give you a cuppa and a biscuit.
Places are limited; to book onto a session or for further advice contact:
Aims of the course:
· Safer principles of applying a patient sling and using a hoist
· Safer use of an electric profiling bed
· Assisting with rolling
· Hoisting to / from chair & bed
Please note that:
- Although this course is hosted by the Cardiff Social Care Training, Cardiff Council, unpaid carers who live in the Vale of Glamorgan are also very welcome to book onto the course;
- the course is not aimed for those who will be discharged from hospital