Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression –
Managing Challenging Behaviour for unpaid carers - 13 June 2023
When and where will this course be running?
13th June 2023, 9am registration for 9:30am start until 1:30pm – Cosmeston Room, Civic Offices, Holton Road Barry
Book a place on the Managing Challenging Behaviour Course for unpaid carers or ring 01446 704851
What is the Managing Challenging Behaviour training and what is involved?
The De-escalation course is designed for those unpaid carers who may be presented with behaviours that may be perceived as violent and aggressive.
The Aim of this course is to:
· Examine the issues surrounding anger, aggression, violence and challenging behaviours
· Be able to spot early warning signs and implement violence reduction strategies.
· Recognise how behaviours occur
· Learn how to communicate with an angry individual to resolve conflict and de-escalate
· Understand the importance of a non-physical/violent response to situations