Concessionary Bus Pass

If you are blind or disabled, and a permanent resident in the Vale of Glamorgan, you may be eligible for a concessionary Welsh Assembly bus travel pass. This is for use anywhere in Wales on most local transport.


All senior citizens and disabled people receive free bus travel on local bus services throughout Wales. Disabled people who need assistance to travel may also be allowed to take a companion with them for free.


Disabled Travel Pass Eligibility

You can apply for a Disabled Travel Pass if you:

  • Are aged over 60
  • Suffer from a disability or injury which makes really difficult for you to walk
  • Are deaf and without speech
  • Are blind or partially-sighted
  • Cannot use both arms
  • Have a learning disability
  • Would be refused a driving licence under section 92 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (Unless it is due to persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol)

Apply for Concessionary Bus Pass

To apply for a Concessionary Bus Pass you will need to fill in an application form:



You must take your application form to your doctor to be signed and stamped with the surgery address and telephone number.


You must also provide:

  • A Council Tax bill, utility bill or bank statement

  • One colour, passport-approved photograph

  • Proof of age 

Application forms are also available from the Civic Offices, Barry and area offices in Cowbridge, Llantwit Major and Penarth.


Please return completed forms to:


Vale of Glamorgan Council 

Civic Offices 

Holton Road


CF63 4RU


Applications can take up to 10 working days to process

Passes can be used on all local bus services throughout Wales 7 days a week at any time of the day. Passes are not valid for travel on National Express, Trawscambria and the Swansea Shuttle services.

Some councils that border England have also arranged for passes to be valid on routes into nearby towns within England.