YOU CAN ASK FOR THIS DOCUMENT IN OTHER FORMATS.
FOR EXAMPLE: IN A LARGER FONT, ON DIFFERENT COLOUR PAPER
Notice of Meeting GOVERNANCE AND AUDIT COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 24TH OCTOBER, 2022 AT 5.00 PM **
Venue REMOTE MEETING
** MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE
COMMENCEMENT TIME OF THE MEETING
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 27th September, 2022.
3. To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
4. Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Annual Update – Healthy Living and Social Care Scrutiny Committee: 4th October, 2022. (View Reference)
5. Final Draft Vale of Glamorgan Council Annual-Self Assessment Report 2021/22 – Cabinet: 20th October, 2022. (View Reference)
Reports of the Director of Corporate Resources –
6. Audit of Statement of Accounts 2021/22 Update.
7. Review of Fraud and Governance as part of the External Audit by Audit Wales.
8. Q2 Update: Audit Wales Work Programme Timetable 2022/23 – Vale of Glamorgan Council.
9. Corporate Risk Register Quarter 1 Update.
Reports of the Head of the Regional Internal Audit Service –
10. Progress Against the Internal Audit Risk Based Plan 2022-23.
11. Recommendation Monitoring.
12. Updated Forward Work Programme.
13. Any other items which the Chair has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A (4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
14. Any other items which the Chair has decided are urgent (Part II).
18th October, 2022
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985
Inspection of background papers:
In the first instance, enquiries should be made of
G. Davies, Tel: 01446 709249
To the Members of the Governance and Audit Committee
Chair: G. Chapman (Lay Member);
Vice-Chair: N. Ireland (Lay Member);
Councillors: P. Drake, E. Goodjohn, M.J. Hooper, J.M. Norman, J. Protheroe and N.J. Wood; and M. Evans (Lay Member)
PLEASE NOTE: The Council is adhering to Welsh Government’s guidance in relation to public health risks. The Council’s Covid 19 measures are kept under review based on guidance received from the Welsh Government and the Council’s Health and Safety Team.
Council meetings will be held in line with the Council’s Multi-Location Meetings Policy: https://www.valeofglamorgan.gov.uk/Documents/_Committee%20Reports/Remote-Procedures-COVID-19/Multi-Location-Meetings-Policy-i.pdf
and details at paragraphs 21.2 and 21.3 which meetings will be held on a hybrid and remote only basis.
Meetings of the Vale of Glamorgan Council will also be livestreamed, except where Part II matters are wholly or in part being considered, in accordance with the Council’s Multi-Location Meetings Policy.
If taking part, this means that you are being recorded both visually and in sound with the meeting being transmitted on the internet. This is done for the purposes of supporting and promoting democratic engagement and public interest. We will retain the data for 6 years and then offer it to the archivist at the Glamorgan Records Office for permanent retention. You have the right to apply to access, rectify, restrict, object or erase this data. The Information Regulator is the Information Commissioner who can be contacted https://ico.org.uk/. The Data Protection Officer for the Council can be contacted at DPO@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk.
Meetings that are held on hybrid basis will take place in the Council Chamber and online. Generally the public gallery in the Chamber is not filmed. However, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed and to the possible use of those images and sound recordings for livestreaming and/or training purposes.
If you have any queries regarding this, please contact email@example.com or telephone 01446 709249.