Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 23RD MAY, 2016 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES, BARRY
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Appointment of Vice-Chairman.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
4. Individual School Progress Panels – Cabinet: 25th April, 2016.
[N.B. Members are asked to consider the appointment of two three Member-led Panels to High Street and Fairfield Primary Schools and agree membership of the Panels in accordance with the Procedure as outlined at Appendix A to the report.]
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
5. Individual School Performance Progress Panel Meeting (St. Richard Gwyn).
6. Summary of School Inspection Reports for Spring Term 2016.
7. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
8. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
16th May, 2016
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh.
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges
Councillors: Ms. R. Birch, Mrs. C.L. Curtis, Ms. K.E. Edmunds, C.P. Franks, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, A. Parker, R.A. Penrose and Mrs. A.J. Preston
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector)
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Ms. T. Young (Secondary).
Mr. N. Want (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Free Churches).