Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 17TH OCTOBER, 2016 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 19 September 2016.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
Reports of the Managing Director –
4. St. Cyres – Budget Recovery Plan 2016 /17 – 2020/21.
(Dr. Jonathan Hicks, Headteacher of St. Cyres, will be in attendance.)
5. School Balances as at 31st March, 2016.
6. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April to 31st August, 2016.
7. School Performance Report 2015-16; Foundation Phase and Key Stages 2 to 5 – Cabinet: 3rd October, 2016. [View Presentation]
Report of the Managing Director –
8. Quarter 1 Performance Monitoring - An Aspirational and Culturally Vibrant Vale.
(Members are reminded to inform the Democratic and Scrutiny Services Section by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Monitoring)
9. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
(i) Consultation on a Welsh Government Draft Strategy: "A Million Welsh Speakers by 2050".
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
10. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
10th October, 2016
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor R.A. Penrose;
Councillors: Ms. R. Birch, Mrs. C.L. Curtis, Ms. K.E. Edmunds, C.P. Franks, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, A. Parker and Mrs. A.J. Preston.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector)
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Ms. T. Young (Secondary).
Mr N. Want (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Vale Youth Forum)
Vacant (Free Churches).