Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 14TH NOVEMBER, 2016 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES, BARRY
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Extraordinary Meeting held on 3 October 2016 and the Meeting held on 17 October 2016.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
Reports of the Interim Director of Learning and Skills -
4. Arts Development - Museums Heritage, Arts Venues, Libraries, Creative Industries and Accessible Art - Request for Consideration (Councillor C.P. Franks).
5. Welsh Public Library Standards Assessment 2015-2016.
6. Individual Schools Performance Progress Panel.
7. Provision in the Non-Maintained Sector: Academic Year 2015/16.
Reports of the Managing Director –
8. Summary of School Inspection Reports for Summer Term 2016.
9. 2nd Quarter Scrutiny Decision Tracking of Recommendations and Updated Work Programme Schedule.
10. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
7th November, 2016
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor R.A. Penrose;
Councillors: Ms. R. Birch, Mrs. C.L. Curtis, Ms. K.E. Edmunds, C.P. Franks, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, A. Parker and Mrs. A.J. Preston.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector)
Vacant (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Ms. T. Young (Secondary).
Mr N. Want (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Vale Youth Forum)
Vacant (Free Churches).