Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 19TH JUNE, 2017 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES, BARRY
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Appointment of Vice-Chairman.
3. Minutes of the Meeting held on 20th March, 2017.
4. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
5. Introduction to the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee. [View Presentation]
Report of the Managing Director –
6. 4th Quarter Scrutiny Decision Tracking of Recommendations and Updated Work Programme Schedule 2017/18.
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
7. Schools Budget Forum Representation.
8. Schools Admission Forum Representation.
9. Summary of School Inspection Reports for Spring Term 2017.
10. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
12th June, 2017
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee
Chairman: Councillor L. Burnett;
Vice-Chairman: To be appointed at the Committee meeting;
Councillors: Ms. R.M. Birch, B.T. Gray, A. Hampton, N.P. Hodges, M. Lloyd, M.J.G. Morgan, Mrs. J.M. Norman, Ms. S.D. Perkes and Mrs. M. Wright
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Vacancy (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mrs. J. Lynch-Wilson (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Vacancy (Welsh Medium Education).
Mr N. Want (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Free Churches).