YOU CAN ASK FOR THIS DOCUMENT IN OTHER FORMATS.
FOR EXAMPLE: IN A LARGER FONT; ON DIFFERENT COLOUR PAPER.
Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting THURSDAY, 16TH SEPTEMBER, 2021 AT 5.00 P.M.
Venue REMOTE MEETING
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 8th July, 2021 and the Special Meeting held on 22nd July, 2021.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
4. Big Fresh Catering Company. [View Presentation]
5. Annual Corporate Safeguarding Report 2020/21 – Cabinet: 7th June, 2021.
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
6. The Use and Impact of the Pupil Development Grant in Vale of Glamorgan Schools.
7. Elective Home Education Update.
8. Education Update on the Syrian Resettlement Programme.
9. Annual Delivery Plan Monitoring Report: Quarter 1 Performance 2021/22.
(Members are reminded to inform the Democratic and Scrutiny Services Section by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Monitoring).
10. Any items which the Chair has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
11. Any items which the Chair has decided are urgent (Part II).
9th September, 2021
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of C. Lindsey, Tel: 01446 709144
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee
Chair: Councillor G.C. Kemp;
Vice-Chair: Councillor R.M. Birch;
Councillors: S.J. Griffiths, N.P. Hodges, T.H. Jarvie, J.M. Norman, A.C. Parker, S.D. Perkes, L.O. Rowlands and N.C. Thomas.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Dr. M. Price (Roman Catholic Church).
A. Rickett (Church in Wales).
J. Lynch-Wilson (Parent Governor – Primary Sector)
Vacant (Parent Governor – Secondary Sector)
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
H. Gapper (Welsh Medium Education)
Isaac Cramb (Vale Youth Forum).
Thomas Froud (Vale Youth Forum)
Vacant (Free Churches).
PLEASE NOTE: Due to current restrictions and the requirement for social distancing this meeting will not be held at its usual location. This will be a virtual meeting and ‘attendance’ will be restricted to Members of the Council, relevant officers and any registered to speak “interested parties” where appropriate. The meeting will be live streamed and recorded for subsequent transmission via the Council’s public website. If you have any queries regarding this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 01446 709144.