Notice of Meeting AUDIT COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 7TH JULY, 2014 AT 6.00 PM
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 3, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Appointment of Chairman for the current Municipal Year.
(Please note: That the Statutory Guidance for the Local Government Measure 2011 states that 'the Chair of the Committee is to be decided upon by the Committee Members themselves. It can be a Councillor or a Lay Member but, in the former case must not be a Councillor who belongs to a Group with Members in the Executive.)
[View Appointment of Chairman Minute]
2. Appointment of Vice-Chairman for the current Municipal Year.
[View Appointment of Vice-Chairman Minute]
3. Apologies for absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
4. Minutes of the meeting held on 28th April, 2014.
5. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
[View Declarations of Interest Minute]
Presentation by Grant Thornton -
6. Role of the Audit Committee and External Audit.
[View Role of Audit Committee Minute]
Report of the Director of Visible Services and Housing -
7. Building Services - A Plan for Change.
[View Building Services - A Plan for Change Minute]
Reports of the Managing Director -
8. Contract Monitoring.
[View Contract Monitoring Minute]
9. Annual Governance Statement 2013-2014
[View Annual Governance Statement Minute]
Report of the Head of Finance as Section 151 Officer - .
10. Unaudited Statement of Accounts 2013/14.
[View Unaudited Statement of Accounts Minute]
Report of the Operational Manager (Audit) as Head of Audit -
11. Outturn Report - April and May 2014.
Report of the Head of Finance -
12. Updated Forward Work Programme 2014-15.
13. Any other items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
14. Any other items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
1st July, 2014
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985
Inspection of background papers:
In the first instance, enquiries should be made of
Mr. C. Hope, Tel: 01446 709855
To the members of the Audit Committee
Councillors: J.C. Bird, Mrs. P. Drake, J. Drysdale, K.J. Geary, K. Hatton, A.C. Williams and M.R. Wilson
Plus 1 Lay Member
Mr. P.R. Lewis