Notice of Meeting AUDIT COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 20TH APRIL, 2015 AT 6.00 PM
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 24th February, 2015.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
4. White Paper: "Reforming Local Government: Power to Local People" – Cabinet: 23rd February, 2015.
(Cabinet has also referred the White Paper for comments to the Scrutiny Committee (Corporate Resources), Standards Committee, Audit Committee, Community Liaison Committee, Voluntary Sector Joint Liaison Committee and the Vale of Glamorgan Local Service Board.)
Members are reminded that hard copies of the White Paper itself, "The Everyday Summary version" and the Full Consultation Survey were circulated to all Members of the Council on 18th February, 2015.
Also attached is a Welsh Local Government Association Briefing Paper, which may assist Members in their consideration of this matter.
Report of the Managing Director –
5. Regulatory Audit Plan 2015.
Report of the Operational Manager – Audit as the Head of Audit –
6. 2014/15 Annual Internal Audit Opinion.
Reports of the Head of Finance and Section 151 Officer –
7. Internal Audit Shared Self-Assessment Against the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards.
8. Proposed Internal Audit Shared Service Strategy and Annual Risk-Based Audit Plan 2015/16.
9. Forward Work Programme.
10. Any other items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
11. Any other items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
13th April, 2015
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985
Inspection of background papers:
In the first instance, enquiries should be made of
Mr. C. Hope, Tel: 01446 709855
To the Members of the Audit Committee
Chairman: Councillor K. Hatton;
Vice-Chairman: Mr. P.R. Lewis (Lay Member);
Councillors: J.C. Bird, Mrs. P. Drake, J. Drysdale, A.C. Williams and M.R. Wilson plus one vacancy