Notice of Meeting CABINET
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY 14 JANUARY, 2013 AT 2.00 PM
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM 2, CIVIC OFFICES, HOLTON ROAD, BARRY
1. Apologies for absence.
3. To receive declarations of interest.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
4. Vale of Glamorgan Local Development Plan 2011 to 2026: Way Forward and Revised Delivery Agreement – (Scrutiny Committee) – Economy and Environment – 4th December, 2012 and Planning Committee – 20th December, 2012.
[View LDP Minute].
Members will recall that Cabinet, on 19th November, 2012, received a report on the above and resolved, inter alia, that both the Scrutiny Committee (Economy and Environment) and the Planning Committee be consulted on the report and options.
The Scrutiny Committee and Planning Committee respectively endorsed and noted the original recommendations of Cabinet (Minute No. C1902) to Council on 23rd January, 2013. Copies of the references from the two Committees, together with the original Cabinet report and recommendations and the amended version of the LDP Plan Timetable tabled at Cabinet on 19th November, 2012 are attached for consideration.
5. Presentation – Gateway Wales - (Scrutiny Committee) Economy and Environment – 6th November, 2012.
[View Gateway Minute].
6. Welsh Government Consultation Document: Vibrant and Viable Places – A New Regeneration Framework - (Scrutiny Committee) Economy and Environment – 19th December, 2012.
[View Vibrant and Viable Place Minute].
7. Funding Arrangements for the Youth Offending Service (Scrutiny Committee) – Housing and Public Protection – 6th December, 2012.
[View Funding Arrangements Minute].
8. Welsh Public Library Standards Assessment 2011-12 (Scrutiny Committee) – Lifelong Learning – 10th December, 2012.
[View Library Standards Minute].
9. Local Authority Social Services Inspection Evaluation and Review 2011-12 – Presentation by Representatives of CSSIW - (Scrutiny Committee) – Social Care and Health – 3rd December, 2012.
[View Social Services Inspection Minute].
10. Annual Report of the Director of Social Services 2011/2012 - (Scrutiny Committee) – Social Care and Health – 3rd December, 2012.
[View Directors Report].
11. Update on Social Services Budget Programme - (Scrutiny Committee) – Social Care and Health – 3rd December, 2012.
[View Social Services Budget Minute].
12. Cardiff Local Development Plan 2006 – 2026: Public Consultation on the Preferred Strategy - Planning Committee – 20th December, 2012.
[View LDP Minute].
Report of a Meeting –
13. Joint Consultative Forum – 12th November, 2012.
[View Consultative Forum Minute].
Reports of the Leader –
14. Review of Organisational Structures.
[View Organisational Stuructures Minute].
15. Safer Recruitment Policy for the Council and Schools.
[View Safer Recruitment Minute].
16. Cabinet Forward Work Programme January to April 2013.
[View Forward Work Programme Minute].
17. Use of the Managing Director’s Emergency Powers.
[View Emergency Powers Minute].
Report of the Cabinet Member for Children’s Services -
18. The Vale of Glamorgan School Investment Programme (2012/13 to 2019/20) – Business Justification Case for the Completion of Ysgol Gymraeg Nant Talwg.
[View Investment Minute].
Reports of the Cabinet Member for Regeneration, Innovation, Planning and Transportation -
19. Welsh Government Consultation regarding Proposed Changes to Non-Domestic Permitted Development Rights.
[View WG Consultation Minute].
20. Safe Routes in Communities Bids 2013/14.
[View Safe Routes Minute].
Report of the Cabinet Member for the Environment and Visible Services -
21. Local Flood Risk Management Strategy.
[View Flood Risk Minute].
22. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
22a. Safer Recruitment Policy for the Council and Schools.
[View Safer Recruitment Policy Minute].
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
23. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
Tuesday 8th January, 2013
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers:
In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. M. Petherick Tel: 01446 709853 or Miss. C. Campbell Tel: 01446 709826
E-mail: MPetherick@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk; CCampbell@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk
To the Members of the Cabinet
Chairman - Councillor N. Moore (Leader and Corporate Resources)
Councillor S.C. Egan (Deputy Leader and Adult Services)
Councillor Ms. B.E. Brooks (Housing, Building Maintenance and Community Safety)
Councillor L. Burnett (Regeneration, Innovation, Planning and Transportation)
Councillor R.F. Curtis (Environment and Visible Services)
Councillor C.P.J. Elmore (Children’s Services)
Councillor G. John (Leisure, Parks, Culture and Sports Development).