Notice of Meeting CABINET
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY 16 JUNE, 2014 AT 2.00 PM
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM 2, CIVIC OFFICES, HOLTON ROAD, BARRY
1. Apologies for absence.
3. To receive declarations of interest.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
4. Individual Schools Progress Meetings – Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning) - 7 April, 2014.
[View Individuals Schools Progress Meetings Minute]
5. Welsh Language Standards – Scrutiny Committee (Corporate Resources) – 8 April, 2014.
[View Welsh Language Standards Minute]
6. Allocation of Funding under the Voluntary Action Scheme 2014/15 – Voluntary Sector Joint Liaison Committee – 8 May, 2014.
[View Voluntary Action Scheme 2014/15 Minute]
7. The Impact of Funding Reductions on Voluntary Sector Organisations – Vale Centre for Voluntary Services (VCVS) – Voluntary Sector Joint Liaison Committee – 8 May, 2014.
[View Impact of Funding Reductions Minute]
8. Presentation: Neale-Kent Ward Barry Hospital – Cardiff and Vale University Health Board – Scrutiny Committee (Social Care and Health) – 19 May, 2014.
[View Neale-Kent Ward Barry Minute]
9. Barry Island Beach Huts – Rental Policy – Scrutiny Committee (Economy and Environment) – 20 May, 2014.
[View Barry Island Beach Huts Minute]
Reports of the Leader –
10. Use of the Managing Director's Emergency Powers.
[View Use of MDs Emergency Powers Minute]
11. Representation on Vale of Glamorgan Best Kept Village Competition Committee.
[View Best Kept Village Competition Representation Minute]
12. Grants to Community / Voluntary Organisations 2014/15.
[View Grants to Comm/Vol Organisations Minute]
13. Sickness Absence Report - April 2013 to March 2014.
[View Sickness Absence Report Minute]
Report of the Cabinet Member for Adult Services –
14. Adult and Community Learning Course Fees .
[View Course Fees Minute]
Reports of the Cabinet Member for Children’s Services –
15. The Strategic Appointment of Local Education Authority School Governors in Vale of Glamorgan Schools.
[View Stategic Apppointment of of LA School Governors Minute]
16. Special Educational Needs (SEN) Funding for mainstream schools.
[View SEN Funding Minute]
17. The South East Wales Improvement Collaborative (SEWIC) Proposed Regional Marketing Centre for In-House Foster Care.
[View SEWIC Minute]
18. Children and Young People Services - Commissioning Strategy and Action Plan 2013-2018.
[View CYP Services Commissioning Strategy Minute]
Reports of the Cabinet Member for Leisure, Parks, Culture and Sports Development –
19. Feasibility Study - Installation of Synthetic Sports Pitch, Jenner Park Stadium.
[View Installation of 3G Sports Pitch Minute]
20. Arts Connect Collaboration – Progress Review and Renewal of the Memorandum of Understanding.
[View Arts Connect Minute]
Reports of the Cabinet Member for Housing, Building Maintenance and Community Safety –
21. Housing (Wales) Bill.
[View Housing Bill Minute]
22. White Ribbon Campaign - Violence Against Women and Girls.
[View White Ribbon Campaign Minute]
Reports of the Cabinet Member for Regeneration, Innovation, Planning and Transportation –
23. Vale of Glamorgan Destination Action Plan.
[View Destination Action Plan Minute]
24. Welsh Government High Streets Campaign .
[View High Streets Campaign Minute]
25. Hydraulic Pumphouse, Innovation Quarter, The Waterfront Barry.
[View Hydraulic Pumphouse Minute]
26. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
Report of the Cabinet Member for Housing, Building Maintenance and Community Safety -
26a. Exit from the Housing Revenue Account Subsidy System.
[View Housing Revenue Account Minute]
Report of the Cabinet Member for Leisure, Parks, Culture and Sports Development -
26b. Jenner Park Clubhouse - Request for Temporary License.
[View Jenner Park Clubhouse Minute]
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
Report of the Cabinet Member for Regeneration, Innovation, Planning and Transportation –
27. Hydraulic Pumphouse, Innovation Quarter, The Waterfront Barry.
[View Hydraulic Pumphouse Minute]
28. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
Tuesday 10 June, 2014.
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers:
In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr..M..Petherick Tel: 01446 709853 or Miss. C. Campbell Tel: 01446 709826
E-mail: MPetherick@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk; CCampbell@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk
To the Members of the Cabinet
Chairman - Councillor N. Moore (Leader and Corporate Resources)
Councillor S.C. Egan (Deputy Leader and Adult Services)
Councillor B.E. Brooks (Housing, Building Maintenance and Community Safety)
Councillor L. Burnett (Regeneration, Innovation, Planning and Transportation)
Councillor R.F. Curtis (Environment and Visible Services)
Councillor C.P.J. Elmore (Children’s Services)
Councillor G. John (Leisure, Parks, Culture and Sports Development).