Notice of Meeting CABINET
Date and time MONDAY 09 MARCH, 2015 AT 6.00 PM
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM 2, CIVIC OFFICES, HOLTON ROAD, BARRY
1. Apologies for absence.
3. To receive declarations of interest.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
Report of a Meeting –
4. Appointment of Local Authority Governors Advisory Panel – 25 February, 2015.
5. Summary of School Inspection Reports for the Autumn Term 2014 – Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning) – 09 February, 2015.
6. School Place Planning in the Vale of Glamorgan – Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning) – 09 February, 2015.
7. National Categorisation – Outcomes for Vale Schools – Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning) – 09 February, 2015.
8. Cardiff and Vale Community Learning Partnership – Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning) – 09 February, 2015.
Report of the Returning Officer –
9. Leave with Pay - Election Duties on 7 May 2015.
Reports of the Leader –
10. External Funding: Families First Grant, Flying Start Grant, Out of Schools Childcare Grant, Youth Crime Prevention Fund, Regional Collaboration Fund, Club Innov8 Barry Communities First Pupil Deprivation Grant.
11. Grants to Community / Voluntary Organisations 2015/16.
12. The Vale of Glamorgan Public Opinion Survey 2014.
Reports of the Cabinet Member for Adult Services –
13. Review of Library and Information Services in the Vale of Glamorgan.
[View Minute] [View Amended Appendix D and Tabled Information]
14. Security and Porter Services at Barry Library.
Report of the Cabinet Member for Children's Services and Schools –
15. Proposal to Create a 1,361 All Through School Through the Amalgamation of Ysgol Gymraeg Nant Talwg and Ysgol Gyfun Bro Morgannwg by Closing Ysgol Gymraeg Nant Talwg and Extending the Age Range of Ysgol Gyfun Bro Morgannwg.
Report of the Cabinet Member for Visible and Leisure Services –
16. Fees and Charges, Countryside Service.
17. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
18. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
03 March, 2015.
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers:
In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr M. Petherick Tel: 01446 709853 or Mr M. Willmott Tel: 01446 709826
E-mail: MPetherick@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk; firstname.lastname@example.org
To the Members of the Cabinet
Chairman - Councillor N. Moore (Leader and Corporate Resources)
Councillor S.C. Egan (Deputy Leader and Adult Services)
Councillor B.E. Brooks (Housing, Building Maintenance and Community Safety)
Councillor L. Burnett (Regeneration)
Councillor C.P.J. Elmore (Children’s Services and Schools)
Councillor G. John (Visible and Leisure Services).