Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 17TH DECEMBER, 2014 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING. PRAYERS WILL BE SAID AT 6.00 P.M.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
3. To approve the minutes of :
(i) the meeting held on 29th September, 2014;
(ii) the two Special Meetings held on 12th November, 2014. [View 6.05pm meeting minutes; 6.30pm meeting minutes]
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Head of Paid Service and to receive any petitions submitted by Members.
5. Expression of Interest to Welsh Government for Voluntary Merger.
· To inform the Council of the use of the Urgency Decision Procedure under Article 13.9 of the Constitution in respect of Cabinet Minute C2551, 28th November, 2014.
· To consider the attached proposal from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget in respect of Cabinet Minute C2551, 28th November, 2014.
A copy of the relevant Cabinet Minute, together with the report considered by Cabinet, is attached.
Report of the Leader –
6. Senior Management Restructuring.
7. Cabinet Portfolios.
To note that, following the appointment by Council on 12th November 2014 of Councillors Bronwen Brooks and Councillor Anthony Powell as the Authority’s member representatives on the Regulatory Services Joint Committee, the Leader has transferred the following responsibilities from his portfolio to Councillor Brooks, Cabinet Member for Housing, Building Maintenance and Community Safety :
· Environmental Health and Pollution Control
· Pest Control
· Trading Standards.
Report of the Monitoring Officer –
8. Public Speaking at Planning Committee.
9. To consider the following proposals from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget (copies of the relevant minutes are attached).
N.B. The reports which are the subjects of the references in respect of Agenda Items 9(a) – (g) above have already been circulated to Members with the Cabinet Agendas for 3rd, 17th and 28th November and 1st and 15th December, 2014. **Further copies are available from the Cabinet Office if required**.
10. To inform the Council of the use of the Urgency Decision Procedure under Article 13.9 of the Constitution.
11. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Council Procedure Rules 8.2, 8.4, 8.5 and 8.6 (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
As previously notified to Members, all questions which were received by 12.00 noon on Wednesday 10th December, 2014 have been included in the agenda itself. Unless specifically requested by the Member concerned, those questions will not be read out, but the Cabinet Member will provide a verbal reply. Questions received after 10th December, but by the deadline of 12.00 noon on Friday, 12th December, 2014 (in accordance with the Council’s Constitution), will be tabled and read out in accordance with normal procedures.
12. Questions from the public.
No questions have been received.
13. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
14. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
11th December, 2014
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt Tel: Barry (01446) 709408
Distribution: To all Members of the Council