Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 28TH SEPTEMBER, 2015 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING. PRAYERS WILL BE SAID AT 6.00 P.M.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
3. To approve the minutes of:
(i) the meeting held on 24th June, 2015.
(ii) the three Special Meetings held on 22nd July, 2015. [6.05 pm] [6.15 pm] [6.30 pm]
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Head of Paid Service and to receive any petitions submitted by Members.
5. To consider the following Notice of Motion (submitted by Councillors Dr. Ian Johnson, Chris Franks, Steffan Wiliam and Nic Hodges):
“This Council disagrees with charging for town centre car park places in the Vale of Glamorgan and will not introduce them.”
Report of the Leader –
6. Deputising Arrangements for Managing Director.
Reports of the Managing Director -
7. Representation on Glamorgan Heritage Coast Advisory Group.
8. Scrutiny Committees’ Annual Report May 2014 – April 2015.
(N.B. For ease of future reference, the Annual Report is provided as a separate document and can be found at the back of the agenda.)
9. Use of the Managing Director’s Emergency Powers.
Report of the Section 151 Officer -
10. Statement of Accounts 2014-15.
(N.B. For ease of future reference, the Statement of Accounts itself is provided as a separate document and can be found at the back of the agenda.)
11. To consider the following proposal(s) from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget
N.B. The reports which are the subject of the references in respect of Agenda Items 11(a) to (e) above have already been circulated to Members with the Cabinet agendas for 27th July and 7th and 21st September, 2015. As far as Agenda Items 11(c) to (e) are concerned, copies of the reports considered by Cabinet on 21st September, 2015 are attached. The recommendations of Cabinet will be circulated in advance of the Council Meeting. [Supplementary Information in Relation to 11 (c) ; 11 (d) and 11 (e) ]
**Further copies are available from the Cabinet Office if required**.
Members are asked to note that the call-in period in respect of Agenda Items 11(c) to (e) will not expire until 17:00 on Tuesday 29th September 2015. Members who wish to call in any of those items should, therefore, if the call-in pro-forma has not been submitted by the time of the Council meeting, indicate their intention to call-in the item at the Council meeting itself, following which the item in question will be withdrawn.
Report of the Monitoring Officer –
12. Review of the Council’s Constitution.
13. To inform the Council of the use of the Urgency Decision Procedure under Article 13.9 of the Constitution.
14. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Council Procedure Rules 8.2, 8.4, 8.5 and 8.6 (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
As previously notified to Members, all questions which were received by 12.00 noon on Monday, 21st September, 2015 have been included in the agenda itself. Unless specifically requested by the Member concerned, those questions will not be read out, but the Cabinet Member will provide a verbal reply. Questions received after 21st September, 2015, but by the deadline of 12.00 noon on Friday, 25th September, 2015 (in accordance with the Council’s Constitution) will be tabled and read out in accordance with normal procedures.
15. Questions from the public.
No questions have been received.
16. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
17. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
22nd September, 2015
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt Tel: Barry (01446) 709408
Distribution: To all Members of the Council