Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 16TH DECEMBER, 2015 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING. PRAYERS WILL BE SAID AT 6.00 P.M.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
3. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 28th September, 2015.
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Head of Paid Service and to receive any petitions submitted by Members.
5. To consider the following Notice of Motion (submitted by Councillors Stuart Egan and Neil Moore):
“The Vale of Glamorgan Council condemns the provisions contained with the Trade Union Bill 2015 and agrees to write to the UK Conservative Government urging them in the strongest possible terms to abandon this Bill, but instead make a commitment to work in partnership with the Trade Union movement to achieve a fairer society.”
6. To consider the following Notice of Motion (submitted by Councillors Stuart Egan and Chris Elmore):
“This Council resolves:
To write to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, local MPs, AMs, the Welsh First Minister, and all Welsh EU constituency MEPs raising our serious concerns about the impact of TTIP on local authorities and the secrecy of the negotiating process.
To write to the Local Government Association and WLGA to raise our serious concerns about the impact of the TTIP on local authorities and ask them to raise these with Government on our behalf.
To call for an impact assessment on the impact of TTIP on local authorities.
To publicise the Council’s concerns about TTIP; join with other local authorities which are opposed to TTIP across Europe and work with local campaigners to raise awareness about the problems of TTIP.
To contact the local authorities of municipalities twinned with the Vale of Glamorgan Council asking them to consider passing a similar motion on TTIP.”
Report of the Leader –
7. Cabinet Portfolios.
To note that the Leader has indicated that responsibility for Arts Culture and Heritage is transferred from the Cabinet Member for Regeneration to the Cabinet Member for Adult Services.
Report of the Managing Director -
8. Use of the Managing Director’s Emergency Powers.
Report of the Monitoring Officer -
9. Review of the Council’s Constitution. [Appendix A - tabled at the meeting]
10. To consider the following proposal(s) from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget
11. To inform the Council of the use of the Urgency Decision Procedure under Article 14.14 of the Constitution.
12. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Council Procedure Rules 8.2, 8.4, 8.5 and 8.6 (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
13. Questions from the public.
Two questions have been received and are attached.
14. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
15. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
10th December, 2015
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt Tel: Barry (01446) 709408
Distribution: To all Members of the Council