Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 20TH JULY, 2016 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING, WHICH WILL BE PRECEDED AT 6.00 P.M. BY A NON-RELIGIOUS MOMENT OF REFLECTION.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
3. To approve the minutes of:
(i) the meeting held on 27thApril2016;
(ii) the Annual Meeting held on 11thMay2016.
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Head of Paid Service and to receive any petitions submitted by Members.
5. To consider the following Notice of Motion (submitted by Councillors Lis Burnett and Neil Moore) –
“This Council believes that The Vale of Glamorgan has a proud tradition of welcoming people from around the world and that our diversity makes us stronger. All those who choose to work and live in the Vale of Glamorgan are valued and as elected representatives we pledge to stand together against hate and intolerance in our communities from wherever that comes and whether it is based on race, religion or belief, age, disability, political affiliation, sex or sexuality.”
6. To consider the following Notice of Motion (submitted by the Leader, Deputy Leader and Councillor Gwyn John) –
“This Council is proud to support the Armed Forces community and endorses the British Legion “Count Them In” campaign which calls on the UK Government to include specific questions relating to this unique community in the next UK census to help us understand the numbers, locations and needs of members of the Armed Forces community, thereby allowing us to deliver the best possible services for people who have served their country.”
Reports of the Managing Director –
7. Allocation of Seats on Committees.
8. Designation of Returning Officer and Electoral Registration Officer Duties.
9. Use of the Managing Director’s Emergency Powers.
Report of the Director of Environment and Housing Services –
10. Rhoose Point Open Space: Introduction of Byelaws.
11. To consider the following proposal(s) from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget
N.B. The report which is the subject of the reference in respect of Agenda Item 11(a) above has already been circulated to Members with the Cabinet agenda for 11th July 2016.
**Further copies are available from the Cabinet Office if required**.
12. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Council Procedure Rules 8.2, 8.4, 8.5 and 8.6 (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
13. Questions from the public.
One question has been received and is attached.
14. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
15. Temporary Extension of Terms of Reference and Delegated Powers of the Council’s Early Retirement/Redundancy Committee and the Appeals Committee.
16. Determination of Pension/Redundancy Severance Payment.
17. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
14th July, 2016
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt Tel: Barry (01446) 709408
Distribution: To all Members of the Council