Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 28TH SEPTEMBER, 2016 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING, WHICH WILL BE PRECEDED AT 6.00 P.M. BY A NON-RELIGIOUS MOMENT OF REFLECTION.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
3. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 20 July 2016.
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Head of Paid Service and to receive any petitions submitted by Members.
5. Corporate Assessment : Wales Audit Office (WAO) Report.
Mr. Steve Barry, Audit Manager Local Government (WAO) will be in attendance to address Members in respect of the above report (as alluded to in the recommendations of Cabinet of 5th September 2016, a copy of which is attached).
Reports of the Managing Director –
6. Scrutiny Committees Annual Report May 2015 – May 2016.
(For ease of future reference, the Annual Report is provided as a separate document and can be found at the back of the agenda).
7. Use of the Managing Director’s Emergency Powers.
Report of the Section 151 Officer –
8. Statement of Accounts 2014-15 and 2015-16. [Supplemental Appendix]
(For ease of future reference, the Statement of Accounts are provided as a separate document and can be found at the back of the agenda).
Report of the Monitoring Officer –
9. Update to Officer Delegations.
Report of the Electoral Registration Officer –
10. Community Review: Lavernock Ward (Sully and Lavernock Community Council).
(Copies of Appendices 1 to 4 to the report to Cabinet on 25th July, 2016 have been placed in the Members’ Room and Group Rooms).
11. Reference from Democratic Services Committee: 26th July, 2016: Council Constitution: Procedure Re Recorded Votes.
12. To consider the following proposal(s) from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget
N.B. The reports which are the subject of the references in respect of Agenda Item 12(a) and (b) above have already been circulated to Members with the Cabinet agendas for 25th July and 5th September, 2016
As far as Agenda Items 12(c) to 12(e) are concerned, copies of the reports to be considered by Cabinet on 26th September, 2016 are attached. The recommendations of Cabinet will be circulated in advance of the Council Meeting.
**Further copies are available from the Cabinet Office if required**.
13. To inform the Council of the Use of the Urgent Decision Procedure Under Article 14.14 of the Constitution.
14. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Section 4.18.2 – 4.18.7 of the Council’s Constitution (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
15. Questions from the public.
One question has been received and is attached.
16. Environmental Enforcement : Award of Contract.
17. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
18. Environmental Enforcement: Award of Contract.
19. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
22nd September, 2016
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt Tel: Barry (01446) 709408
Distribution: To all Members of the Council
Please note that this meeting is being filmed and recorded for webcasting training purposes only. However, meetings in the future may be filmed for live or subsequent broadcast via the County Council’s website on the internet. The images and sound recording may be used for training purposes by the Council.
Generally the public gallery is not filmed. However, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed and to the possible use of those images and sound recordings for webcasting and / or training purposes.