Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 26TH SEPTEMBER, 2018 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING.
PRAYERS WILL BE SAID AT 6.00 P.M.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
3. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 18th July, 2018.
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Head of Paid Service and to receive any petitions submitted by Members.
Reports of the Managing Director -
5. Appointment of Vice-Chairman to the Public Protection Licensing Committee and the Statutory Licensing Committee.
6. Scrutiny Committees’ Annual Report May 2017 – April 2018.
(For ease of future reference, the Annual Report is provided as a separate document and can be found at the back of the agenda.)
7. Use of the Managing Director’s Emergency Powers.
Reports of the Monitoring Officer/Head of Legal and Democratic Services -
8. Review of the Vale of Glamorgan Council’s Local Dispute Resolution Procedure.
9. Review of the Council’s Constitution/Officer Delegations.
Reports of the Electoral Registration Officer -
10. Community Review – Catalina, Cei Dafydd, Barry – Baruc and Castleland Wards (Vale of Glamorgan Council and Barry Town Council).
11. Community Review – Cowbridge with Llanblethian Town Council and Penllyn Community Council.
12. Community Review – St. Brides Major Community Council.
Report of the Section 151 Officer –
13. Statement of Accounts 2017/18.
(For ease of future reference, the Statement of Accounts is provided as a separate document and can be found at the back of the agenda.)
14. To consider the following proposal(s) from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget.
(N.B. The reports which are the subject of the reference in respect of Agenda Item 14(a) and (b) above have already been circulated to Members with the Cabinet Agendas for 16th July and 17th September, 2018.)
**Further copies are available from the Cabinet Office if required**
15. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Section 4.18.2 – 4.18.7 of the Council’s Constitution (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
16. Questions from the public –
21 questions have been received and are attached.
17. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
18. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
20th September, 2018
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Rees Tel: Barry (01446) 709413
Distribution: To all Members of the Council
Please note that certain meetings of the Vale of Glamorgan Council will be webcast, you will be informed verbally if the meeting you are at will be. If it is then this means that you are being recorded both visually and in sound and that is made available on the internet. This is done for the purposes of supporting and promoting democratic engagement and public interest. We will retain the data for 6 years and then offer it to the archivist at the Glamorgan Records Office for permanent retention. You have the right to apply to access, rectify, restrict, object or erase this data. The Information Regulator is the Information Commissioner who can be contacted https://ico.org.uk/. The Data Protection Officer for the Council can be contacted at DPO@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk.
Generally the public gallery is not filmed. However, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed and to the possible use of those images and sound recordings for webcasting and/or training purposes.
If you have any queries regarding this, please contact the Head of Democratic Services within office hours. Tel. No. (01446) 709413 or by e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org