Notice of Meeting DEMOCRATIC SERVICES COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 8TH OCTOBER, 2014 AT 4.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
3. To receive declarations of interest.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
Reports of the Head of Strategic ICT –
4. Member ICT Update.
5. "Using Information Technology at the Vale of Glamorgan Council": Draft Members’ Guide.
As agreed at the last meeting, an updated draft Guide is attached for Members’ consideration.
Reports of the Head of Democratic Services –
6. "Good Scrutiny? Good Question!": Auditor General for Wales Improvement Study: Scrutiny in Local Government.
7. Local Government (Wales) Measure 2011: Update / Action Plan.
Reference – Audit Committee: 7th July 2014 –
8. Contract Monitoring: Member Training.
10. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
2nd October, 2014
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985:
Inspection of Background Papers In the first instance enquires should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt (tel: 01446 709408)
e-mail - email@example.com
To All Members of the Democratic Services Committee
Chairman: Councillor C.P. Franks;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor J.W. Thomas;
Councillors R.J. Bertin, Ms. B.E. Brooks, J. Drysdale, Mrs. A.J. Moore, G. Roberts, R.L. Traherne, E. Williams, and M.R. Wilson.