Notice of Meeting DEMOCRATIC SERVICES COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 21ST OCTOBER, 2015 AT 4.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 1, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
3. To receive declarations of interest.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
Report of the Managing Director –
4. ICT Update for Members.
Reports of the Head of Democratic Services –
5. Draft Guide to Public Speaking at Scrutiny Committees.
The attached draft Guide takes into account, and has been amended to reflect, various comments of the Scrutiny
Committee Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen Group.
6. “Good Scrutiny ? Good Question !” : Auditor General for Wales Scrutiny Improvement Study : Scrutiny in Local
Government : Action Plan: Update.
7. Draft Member Scrutiny Satisfaction Survey.
8. Draft Annual Report of Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales (IRPW).
A copy of the draft Annual Report is attached. The Panels’ draft Determinations are contained under each section
of the report and are also set out on pages 45-49. Members’ attention is also drawn to the proposals contained in
Section 3 in respect of Senior Salaries for Cabinet Members and Committee Chairmen.
9. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972
10. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
15th October, 2015
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985:
Inspection of Background Papers In the first instance enquires should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt (tel: 01446 709408)
e-mail - email@example.com
To All Members of the Democratic Services Committee
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges
Vice-Chairman: Councillor J.W. Thomas
Councillors: A.G. Bennett, R.J. Bertin, Ms. B.E. Brooks, J. Drysdale, G. Roberts, R.L. Traherne, E. Williams and M.R. Wilson.