Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 11TH JANUARY, 2016 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue YSGOL GYMRAEG DEWI SANT, HAM LANE EAST, LLANTWIT MAJOR, CF61 1TQ *
* MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE VENUE
FOR THIS MEETING AND THAT A TOUR OF THE SCHOOL WILL TAKE PLACE AT 5.30 P.M.
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 7th December, 2015.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
4. Feedback from Estyn Monitoring Visit 2015 – Mr. G. Kerslake, Estyn Inspector, to be in attendance. [Estyn Letter (English)] [Estyn Letter (Welsh)]
5. Draft Corporate Plan 2016-20 – Cabinet: 14th December, 2015. [Presentation - tabled at the meeting]
6. Performance Management Framework – Cabinet: 14th December, 2015.
7. Proposal to Amalgamate Cadoxton Nursery and Cadoxton Primary Schools and Extend the Age Range of Cadoxton Primary School from 4 to 11 to 3 to 11 Years – Cabinet: 14th December, 2015.
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
8. Revenue and Capital Monitoring Report for the Period 1st April to 30th November 2015.
9. Summary of School Inspection Reports for Autumn Term 2015.
Report of the Managing Director –
10. 3rd Quarter Decision Tracking of Recommendations and Work Programme Schedule 2015/16.
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
12. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
4th January, 2016
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor R.A. Penrose;
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Ms. R. Birch, Mrs. C.L. Curtis, Ms. K.E. Edmunds, C.P. Franks, T.H. Jarvie, A. Parker and Mrs. A.J. Preston.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Ms. T. Young (Secondary).
Vacant (Free Churches).