Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 8TH FEBRUARY, 2016 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue OAKFIELD PRIMARY SCHOOL, AMROTH COURT, CALDY CLOSE, GIBBONSDOWN,
BARRY, CF62 9DU *
* MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE VENUE
FOR THIS MEETING AND THAT A TOUR OF THE SCHOOL
WILL TAKE PLACE AT 5.30 P.M.
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 11th January, 2016.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
Report of the Director of Learning and Skills -
4. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April to 31st December, 2015.
5. Update Report on Barry Elim Church “Can Do” Project – Voluntary Sector Joint Liaison Committee: 14th October, 2015.
6. Annual Report on Schools 2014/15 - Audit Committee: 16th November, 2015.
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
7. Youth Engagement and Progression.
8. Outcomes of Categorisation for Vale Schools.
9. Central South Consortium Business Plan 2016/17.
10. School Place Planning in the Vale of Glamorgan.
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
12. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
1st February, 2016
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor R.A. Penrose;
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Ms. R. Birch, Mrs. C.L. Curtis, Ms. K.E. Edmunds, C.P. Franks, T.H. Jarvie, A. Parker and Mrs. A.J. Preston.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Ms. T. Young (Secondary).
Vacant (Free Churches).