EARLY RETIREMENT / REDUNDANCY COMMITTEE
Minutes of a meeting held on 2nd November, 2015.
Present: Councillor S.C. Egan (Chairman); Councillor Mrs. P. Drake (Vice-Chairman); Councillors P.J. Clarke, H.J.W. James, G. John, Mrs. M. Kelly Owen and Mrs. A.J. Moore.
545 MINUTES –
RESOLVED – T H A T the minutes of the meeting held on 5th October, 2015 be approved as a correct record.
546 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST –
No declarations were received.
547 EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC –
RESOLVED – T H A T under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the ground that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part 4 of Schedule 12A (as amended) of the Act, the relevant paragraphs of the Schedule being referred to in brackets after the minute heading.
548 DETERMINATION OF REDUNDANCY / EARLY RETIREMENT – P AND W (HRS) (EXEMPT INFORMATION – PARAGRAPHS 12, 13 AND 14) –
Consideration was given to two applications for early retirement on the grounds of redundancy of two employees within the Council’s Environment and Housing Directorate.
(1) T H A T the applications be approved with effect from 30th November, 2015 and in accordance with the Cardiff Council’s Voluntary Early Retirement and Voluntary Redundancy Policy and as provided by determination of Council on 4th March, 2015.
(2) T H A T the applications in respect of both employees be approved in accordance with the financial parameters as set out in Appendices B and C to the report.
Reason for decisions
(1&2) To support the Council (and partners to the new service) in achieving financial efficiencies and organisation changes necessary to maintain sustainable service delivery.
549 DETERMINATION OF REDUNDANCY / EARLY RETIREMENT (DEHS) (EXEMPT INFORMATION – PARAGRAPHS 13 AND 14) –
Consideration was given to the proposal for the redundancy of one employee within the former Directorate of Visible Services and Housing as a consequence of the recent senior management restructure within the Council.
(1) T H A T the redundancy / early retirement terms be approved in accordance with Scheme E of the Council’s Early Retirement / Redundancy Policy and within the financial parameters as recommended in Appendix A to the report.
(2) T H A T the redundancy take effect from 17th November, 2015, subject to the employee waiving all notice outstanding at this date and to no suitable alternative employment being identified for the employee during the intervening period of notice.
Reason for decisions
(1) To determine the matter in accordance with the Council’s Policy and to support the progression of the senior management restructuring arrangements as approved by Council on 24th June, 2015.
(2) To comply with the terms of the Council’s Avoiding Redundancy Policy and to continue arrangements to retain the employment and to minimise the potential redundancy cost in respect of the employee concerned.