EARLY RETIREMENT/REDUNDANCY COMMITTEE
Minutes of a meeting held on 25th July, 2016.
Present: Councillor S.C. Egan (Chairman); Councillor Ms. B.E. Brooks (Vice-Chairman); Councillors G. John, Mrs. M. Kelly Owen and Mrs. A. Moore.
212 MINUTES –
RESOLVED – T H A T the minutes of the meeting held on 27th June, 2016 be approved as a correct record.
213 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST –
No declarations were received.
214 EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC –
RESOLVED – T H A T under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part 4 of Schedule 12A (as amended) of the Act, the relevant paragraphs of the Schedule being referred to in brackets after the minute heading.
215 DETERMINATION OF REDUNDANCY / EARLY RETIREMENT (DLS) (EXEMPT INFORMATION – PARAGRAPHS 12, 13 AND 14) –
Consideration was given to the proposed redundancy in respect of one employee, it being noted that the Committee was acting on behalf of the Governing Body of the relevant school with the necessary delegated authority to do so, which had been granted at the Council meeting held on 20th July, 2016.
(1) T H A T the redundancy in respect of the employee concerned be approved on the basis of the Schools Redundancy Policy and Procedure policy scheme set out in Appendix A to the report and within the scope of the financial information contained within the report and within the financial parameters set out in Appendix B to the report, subject to Resolutions (2) and (3) below.
(2) T H A T, should suitable alternative employment be found for R, prior to 31st August, 2016, the notice be extended to cover any trial period and if that trial period proves a success, Resolution (1) be revoked together with the redundancy payment.
(3) T H A T the Director of Learning and Skills, in consultation with the Leader of the Council, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Education, the Managing Director, the Head of Legal Services and the Head of Human Resources, be given authority to undertaken any necessary actions in relation to Resolution (1) above to safeguard the position of the Governing Body and the Council.
Reasons for decisions
(1) To implement arrangements as appropriate in respect of the displacement and potential redundancy of the employee at the named school.
(2) To ensure compliance with the relevant policies and procedures regarding redundancy and employment law.
(3) To provide officers and Councillors with flexibility to deal with any matters arising which relate to Resolution (1) above.