WELSH CHURCH ACT ESTATE COMMITTEE
Minutes of a meeting held on 15th December, 2014.
Present: Councillor F.T. Johnson (Chairman); Councillors G.A. Cox, C.P. Franks, H.C. Hamilton, K.P. Mahoney and R.P. Thomas.
688 MINUTES -
RESOLVED - T H A T the minutes of the meeting held on 29th September, 2014 be approved as a correct record.
689 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST -
No declarations were received.
690 EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC -
RESOLVED - T H A T under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part 4 of Schedule 12A (as amended) of the Act, the relevant paragraphs of the Schedule being referred to in brackets after the minute heading.
691 FORMER SOUTHERNDOWN HOME (EXEMPT INFORMATION - PARAGRAPHS 13 AND 14) (DR) -
The Committee was provided with an update report further to the report of 29th September, 2014, which pertained to the progress made in relation to the marketing of the building and the received tender costs for the demolition of the property.
Since the last meeting in September, 2014, officers had met with the marketing agent and confirmed instructions to prepare for marketing early in 2015. In addition, assistance had been sought from Planning Officers in order that a revised Planning Statement could be produced which reflected the latest position in regards to the consent to demolish the property in time to allow marketing to commence in January, 2015. Tender quotation costs for demolition had been received and it was recommended that the Committee seek supporting site investigation / topographical surveys in order to inform the prospective purchasers.
Following consideration of the matter the Committee
(1) T H A T the progress made in relation to marketing the property be noted.
(2) T H A T the tendered cost for the demolition of the property be noted.
(3) T H A T the Director of Resources be authorised to continue with the marketing of the property and to undertake site investigations and topographical surveys of the site to aid the marketing process.
Reasons for decisions
(1&2) To keep the Committee apprised of the progress in relation to the former Southerndown Home.
(3) To ensure that the marketing of the building continues to be progressed in order to provide prospective purchasers with as much information as possible.
692 LAND OPPOSITE ST. PETER’S CHURCH, OLD COGAN HALL, PENARTH (EXEMPT INFORMATION - PARAGRAPHS 13 AND 14) (DR) -
The Committee received a report which provided an update further to the last report in relation to this matter in July, 2013. The Committee’s views were sought on whether to dispose of the freehold interest in the land to the proposed tenants. The Committee was advised that the proposed tenant had put forward an offer based on a valuation received from an external valuation consultant.
Following consideration of the issue, the Committee
(1) T H A T the position with the lease negotiations be noted.
(2) T H A T the Director of Resources be authorised to seek an external valuation for the freehold interest in the plot under consideration together with a valuation of the complete field.
Reason for decisions
(1) To ensure that the Committee is apprised in regard to the progress of the lease negotiations.
(2) To ensure that the Committee received an independent valuation of the Freehold interest in order to obtain the market value for the land.
693 GLEBE FIELDS, SULLY (EXEMPT INFORMATION - PARAGRAPHS 12, 13, 14 AND 16) (HLS) -
The Committee received a report to inform them of the developments in relation to Glebe Fields, Sully. The Committee was informed that, it had come to light, that covenants of the lease may possibly have been breached.
Following consideration of the report the Committee
(1) T H A T the advice within the report concerning the action that may be taken for apparent breaches of the covenant in the lease be noted.
(2) T H A T the Section 146 Notices (Law of Property Act 1925) be served on the tenant and, that if appropriate, a further report be brought to the Committee in relation to a possible action for forfeiture of the lease to be taken against the tenant in the event of non-compliance.
Reasons for decisions
(1) To ensure that the Committee was apprised of the legal position in relation to the apparent breaches of lease covenant by the tenant.
(2) To enable appropriate action to be taken in relation to the apparent breaches of covenant.